cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeaufortWizard
Regular Visitor

How do I tell Automate not to create a new item in Sharepoint if Forms box is blank?

How do I tell Automate not to create a new item in Sharepoint if the Forms box is blank?

So i tell automate to create a new item and then select which box to pull the info from, trouble is I have 15 boxes for customers to report defects and if you fill out one and rest blank all 15 boxes will create a new item?? i only want an item created if the defects box is filled in  what do i need to tell it to do in each create item box (condition is equal to null? )

BeaufortWizard_0-1656922625735.png

BeaufortWizard_1-1656922641554.png

BeaufortWizard_2-1656922700283.png

19 REPLIES 19
Ankesh_49
Power Participant
Power Participant

@BeaufortWizard  Try below:

Ankesh_49_0-1656923517089.png

or you can get the form response detail in compose and use @empty(outputs('Compose')) in condition.

Hope it helps!!

Cheers,

Ankesh

--------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

BeaufortWizard
Regular Visitor

Thank you, will I have to do 15 conditions & 15 create items ? 

Ankesh_49
Power Participant
Power Participant

which defects box in the form you want to check? or is it like if anyone out of 15 boxes is filled?

If any of the 15 boxes are filled I need it to create a new item into my Microsoft List as a new snag from each box filled. If any of those boxes arent filled i don't want an item created. 

Ankesh_49
Power Participant
Power Participant

use multiple or conditions within the same condition control, like below and if any of the condition satisfies then create item:

Ankesh_49_0-1656929804444.png

Hope it helps!!

Cheers,

Ankesh

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

BeaufortWizard
Regular Visitor

Hi, unfortunately, it is still pulling through boxes that are blank and creating a new item 

Do I filled in one and left other blank 

BeaufortWizard_2-1656932420027.png

BeaufortWizard_0-1656932335445.png

BeaufortWizard_1-1656932362476.png

Ankesh_49
Power Participant
Power Participant

Uncheck the checkboxes

BeaufortWizard
Regular Visitor

still pulls through blank box / not sure why so frsutrating 

@Ankesh_49  Sorry Ankesh i am responding to this thread. 

@BeaufortWizard  Why are you using multiple create item actions?. This is the reason it is creating multiple rows.

Use one create item action in Yes block.

Pass all defects dynamic content one by one in your description column. Like Defect 1 Defect 2 etc.

Hardesh15_0-1656934279300.png

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Accept as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Ankesh_49
Power Participant
Power Participant

@Hardesh15  No worries. Intention is to get it resolved. Also, single thread can have multiple solution providers😀😀😀

Also, I recommended to use only one create item in the screenshot above.

@BeaufortWizard Please check if it solves your purpose, you use only one create item action as we are are checking multiple conditions in our condition control.

Ankesh_49_0-1656934784830.png

Hope it helps!!

Cheers,

Ankesh

@Hardesh15 Hi, so power automate hasnt pulled through all my questions in forms. So I'm having to create item and then put in relevant defect 1, defect 2 etc 

BeaufortWizard_0-1656934952552.png

BeaufortWizard_1-1656934984797.png

BeaufortWizard
Regular Visitor

@Hardesh15 im trying to get my list to separate defect issues which is why I've had to create multiple boxes on my MS Forms so clients can register multiple defects per form rather than one form each which a clinet just wont do, unfortunately. 

Where is says defect 1 and then item underneath is blank... that's because defect 2 was left blank, but i dont want it to create the item. 

Have I structured my form wrong? or can i get power automate to ignore blank boxes. 

BeaufortWizard_0-1656936386723.png

@BeaufortWizard Pls Share Complete flow screens because i am seeing apply to each loop in your screens.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Accept as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Ankesh_49
Power Participant
Power Participant

@BeaufortWizard What is the process you are trying to automate 

@Hardesh15 @Ankesh_49 

So currently, my company manually input defects into Excel reported by house buyers from the new homes we've built them. The house buyers report these via e-mail currently. 

I created a MS Form for the house buyer to fill in with their details & there are 15 boxes to raise seperate defects issues. Reason is because we have multiple rooms within a house and each room usually has several defects but i need them logged separately so i can report on defects like type / how long took to repair / performance of our sub-contractors etc 

The form them populates into my issue tracker within Microsoft Lists via Power Automate

BeaufortWizard_3-1656941929681.png

BeaufortWizard_0-1656941599227.pngBeaufortWizard_1-1656941644774.png

BeaufortWizard_2-1656941656182.png

BeaufortWizard
Regular Visitor

@Hardesh15 @Ankesh_49 Is there anything I can put into the code? 

BeaufortWizard_0-1656944862078.png

@Hardesh15 @Ankesh_49 have you found a solution as yet? 

Ankesh_49
Power Participant
Power Participant

@BeaufortWizard   How would you like the flow to behave, if there are 5 defects for a single property?

You want 5 items created in SharePoint list or You want 1 item with 5 defects listed in defects description column?

Could you please help me with this so, that next steps can be suggested. Either we change the form or we should handle it in power automate flow.

In case you want to connect, DM Me.

Thanks
Ankesh

HI 

I will DM you 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (5,985)