cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ankit77
Helper I
Helper I

How do i handle 404 error of file not found in power automate?

By using power automate, I am copying file from SharePoint folder to blob storage and passing the file name to service bus message queue . and for that I am using Get File Content Using Path action.

Now there will be scenario where the path will not be present i.e. the file will not be present in SharePoint library. in that case, it gives me error 404, file not found and it does not execute the further step of passing message to Service bus Queue.

I would like to handle this error so that in case of file not found, I pass message to Service bus as file not found. Is it possible that I skip the step in case there is 404 error???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DamoBird365
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Ankit77 

Have a look at the try catch finally template https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/e8e028c6df7b4eb786abdf510e4f1da3/try-cat...

Here you can trigger different stages based on the outcome of the previous step or scope.  This might help you group together the different stages and run different branches depending on outcome.

Worth investigating the configure run after step

DamoBird365_0-1614800304437.png

Damien

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DamoBird365
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Ankit77 

Have a look at the try catch finally template https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/e8e028c6df7b4eb786abdf510e4f1da3/try-cat...

Here you can trigger different stages based on the outcome of the previous step or scope.  This might help you group together the different stages and run different branches depending on outcome.

Worth investigating the configure run after step

DamoBird365_0-1614800304437.png

Damien

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (18,843)