cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

How do i put form link sharpoint table

I want to create a form that basically does this

User 1 --- Manager  1 ---- User 2 adds in more details --- Manager 2 approved -- User 3 adds in more details - Manager 3 approves --  Form status changed to completed by Manager 4.

Now, I am storing form fields in a sharepoint table. I want co create a column for form link. How do i put the link for the form in the table. I want to do this so that the status of the forms is visible to everyone (where it is stuck at approval level or who needs to fill this form).  When using create item i dont know what to put for the form link column.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

@chetanh 

If what you want to store is a hyperlink, you can add a hyperlink column to the SharePoint list.

I suspect that isn't what you want.  Can you explain a little more about what you want when you say "where it is stuck at approval level or who needs to fill this form"?  

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Thanks for your reply Scott. I am a 100% infrastructure guy and this is my first go at forms/workflow or coding if you want to call it.

I am creating a new hire form for ourselves. So the way it works is, 

Supervisor fill in details and the form goes to the departmental manager who puts in more details and approves it ( for example account number to purchase software) then the request goes to Facilities where a facilities tech fills in some information (cubicle number, badge details etc.) which goes to the facilities manager that puts in some details (mostly financial) and approves it and then the details go into parking tech that fills in some details (parking spot number, transponder id etc) and the message goes into the parking manager that fills in more details and clicks completed. This is the end of the workflow.

The problem is that IT has to complete its tasks first before facilities can do anything and facilities has to do their tasks before parking can do anything. I am tired of all the back and forth email. So i was considering creating a workflow to automate this.

I expect that the the supervisor  will call the service desk to find out where their parking transponder is or the badge for the employee is or ask for their login credentials. At this point the service desk must be able to login to the sharepoint site and look at the table and sort the columns and provide the information or tell exactly where the request is stuck (e.g. waiting for user's manager to approve so IT can create accounts or parking manager to provide information and approve so that the transponder can be provisoned.) The sharepoint table will need a link to the form so anyone can click to see where the form is stuck.

@chetanh 

OK - two more questions:

1.  Where are you storing your data?  SharePoint list?
  2. When you say "form", do you mean a PowerApps app?  A SharePoint data entry/list form?  Something else?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

I am not sure if the data needs to be stored. I was hoping that it remains persistent and once a form is filled it has its own unique link. This way the link can be clicked multiple times and edits be made to it. 

Am i not understanding this correctly?

I created the form using Microsoft forms and then used power automate to reference the form and create a workflow (to populate a sharepoint table with basic information from the form). I was hoping to put the link tot he form in the table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (101,174)