cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
irwindale1

How do run-only users start the flow?

I am creating a flow for the project team.

The flow checks the Excel sheet saved in OneDrive and writes its contents to the SharePoint list.

I don't want members to edit the flow, so I want to specify it as a run-only user.
I have experimentally registered a one of colleague as a run-only user, but I don't see that flow in My Flow on his PowerAutomate portal.

He was able to access it from the invitation email.
In addition, the button was also displayed on mobile Automate Apps.

They use only PCs, not mobiles.
In this case, how do you start the flow from the Automate portal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@irwindale1 I was able to replicate the same scenario, when I give run-only user I can't find the flow but when I add the user as owner then I am able to see. Also in run-only user I was able to access via email only. 

I think this is the expected behavior and is correct. Please see this :

https://www.serverlessnotes.com/docs/sharing-flows-as-owners-and-run-only-users

Sharing a flow with Run only users is a great way to share your flow logic When sharing a flow using this mode, users can run your flow, but do not have access to modify it or browse Run History

With this said, the users with said permissions can't run flow from portal but only via link in email.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@irwindale1 did you check shared with me tab in the portal ?

jinivthakkar_0-1620401669094.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi @jinivthakkar 
Yes, of course.
It wasn't there. Only those with "owner" privileges are displayed.

jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@irwindale1 I was able to replicate the same scenario, when I give run-only user I can't find the flow but when I add the user as owner then I am able to see. Also in run-only user I was able to access via email only. 

I think this is the expected behavior and is correct. Please see this :

https://www.serverlessnotes.com/docs/sharing-flows-as-owners-and-run-only-users

Sharing a flow with Run only users is a great way to share your flow logic When sharing a flow using this mode, users can run your flow, but do not have access to modify it or browse Run History

With this said, the users with said permissions can't run flow from portal but only via link in email.

View solution in original post

irwindale1

Hi @jinivthakkar 
Thank you. I understand.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (15,778)