Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

How do specify a dynamic Range in Create Excel Table Action

Given: a SharePoint docu library with an Excel file

I need to create a new Sheet in the Excel file (triggered by a Form Request)   (achieved SheetABC )

and

I need to create a TABLE in the Excel Sheet (SheetABC)  that was created   (how do i do this , i need to specify the Range in the Action  and i want the range to be in SheetABC!$A:$H  ,  the Sheet created in the previous step.

Flow and Excel Table.JPG

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JenVitug,

According to your description, I tried to create a flow format the sheet created in the previous step to a table with the range to be $A:$H. However, it returned error message said that “A table cannot overlap another table”.

Per my certain research, I am afraid that dynamic content in Table name field has not been supported yet. As in my flow, in order to use get the worksheet created in the previous step, I have to use the dynamic content from the previous action. So it failed.

Besides, I have seen a similar request on Flow Ideas Forum, please vote the idea at here, PGs will take hot ideas into consideration first in the future releases:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Dynamic-content-in-File-amp-Table-inputs-Excel-Busine...

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (9,023)