cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonL
Power Participant
Power Participant

How do you use Microsoft Power Automate in your work?

Hey Power Automate Community!

We are wondering, Do you use Power Automate at work? In production? 

If so, tell us a bit about it! Tell us how you use the flows, what they help achieve, and if they help make life easier!

Thanks!

- Jon

124 REPLIES 124
darkestpage
Frequent Visitor

Hello Jon,

We are using Power Platform to automate most of our processes to reduce the rather laborious manual tasks such as creating documents, generating reports, converting the documents from one format to another, etc. Our business processes earlier were quite rigid due to involvement of a lot of manual office activities, however, with Power Platform we have managed to bring some flexibility.

There are some hurdles such as onboarding and educating people in the use of Power Platform, which sometimes become the impeding factor.

Regards,

Kedar

I am just going to assume that spelling errors make up a lot of the failed flows for this one...

I partially tend to agree with this post. I think in my opinion it sounds to me from reading different post that those who think that flows is just as good as anything else and don't really get what he is saying, have probably never used SSIS or SQL agent / other Microsoft ETL/server/scheduler/batch jobs..... some of the obvious flows predecessors and alternatives. If you've never used those things, you don't have a gold comparative standard as reference, and you don't know how good to expect it, so it's hard to understand someone saying this thing is not nearly as good...

Imama

•  

We do the same thing by triggering the sign process when a document is placed in a folder (we do it for invoice sign off).  I have another flow that detects when the agreement is signed, it renames the file and puts it in an approved folder and then goes and deletes the original from the pending folder.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,731)