cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

How do you use Microsoft Power Automate in your work?

Hey Power Automate Community!

We are wondering, Do you use Power Automate at work? In production? 

If so, tell us a bit about it! Tell us how you use the flows, what they help achieve, and if they help make life easier!

Thanks!

- Jon

102 REPLIES 102
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Hi,

I have used Flows with custom MS Forms. I setup forms to update an excel file on SharePoint, as well as using Outlook to notify a list of recipients with details from the form submission in the email. 

For general use, the simple flow where attachments in Outlook are saved to my OneDrive is pretty useful. I find myself exploring Power Automate, trying to find new ways to apply it at work and for personal use.

Thanks for asking!

Ly

Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I build flows for customers that do all kinds of things. But one that I am quite proud of and will be able to implement for a bunch of customers is perhaps a bizarre use case for Power Automate. 

It takes the printed output generated by legacy ERP systems (Think IBM Green Screen era/Terminal Emulation) and transforms it in to JSON and then creates new output in PDF format, and stores it in SharePoint along with the associated metadata.

I've just implemented it in production for a company that already have a solution based on much more expensive software, that does not have the feature set that I have been able to provide with Power Automate (and the opposite is also true, the original software does some things that I cannot replicate in PA).

Anyway, I blogged about it because I think it is a pretty neat solution and gives stacks of value to my customer base:

https://www.tachytelic.net/2020/11/power-automate-enhance-legacy-systems/

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

We are still a little in the learning phase, but so far the flows we are making are "Prototypes" or MVPs. Then at a later date the MVP low code may be turned into a feature in our pro code platform.

Eventually we are going to be building Power Automate UI flows to support data entry into non API integrated business partner web systems.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (7,809)