cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ck25415
Level 8

How does SharePoint Get file content action works

Hello,

Can someone explain me how "Get file content" action works, does the action download the document based on the identfier given as input. If so how will the flow download it and what is the location of downloaded file. Are there any conditional access policies that trigger only for certain actions of a flow ?

I keep getting "Due to organizational policies, you can't download these resources from this device" and the action works fine when the connection is changed to a different user. The same polcies apply for both user accounts. Also,my device is a managed device and azure hybrid joined and the issue repeats no matter what device I use.

I have a microsoft case that is open for more than 100 days on this issue and I did not see progress in the case. I wanted to understand how the action works and see if it helps me to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Gristy
Level 10

Re: How does SharePoint Get file content action works

Hey,

Not completely sure on the technical implementation, but the outputs include a variable called File Content, this is the binary content of the selected file.

This can then be used in various actions such as send an email, create a file etc etc.

With the account that is erroring, it sounds like you have checked that the permissions are OK, what if you make that account a Site Collection Admin - does it suceed?

ck25415
Level 8

Yes, the account is a site collection admin and still get the error, also tried different site collections.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ck25415 ,

Have you consulted the corresponding administrator to see if there is an organizational policies that restricts you from doing this.

Do you have permission to read files, please check it.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ck25415
Level 8

Hello @v-bacao-msft ,

I checked with our Azure and SharePoint admin there are no conditional policies that prevent me from doing this. Yes, I have access to the file.. I am a site collection admin. I see the same error with onedrive as a datasource.

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 167 members 5,912 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: