Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jinivthakkar
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

How does flow create events in outlook calendar

Hi All,

I am creating event in user calendar using ms flow and it works fine but I want to understand the architect behind it.

How it works in background, what all authentication is happening or permissions are managed etc.

Basically something which gives me explation how this works
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @jinivthakkar 

This is quite a hard question, but the connection is managed by Power Automate, and when you use an action, you're invoking the API behind it. Power Automate abstracts all of that for you, but if you check in one of the SharePoint connectors, you can send an HTTP Request where you're doing the request yourself. 

It's quite a simple answer I know, but going in further detail, it would take longer. I recommend you dig in Microsoft's documentation, reading the answered questions here in the Forum or read some blogs of the contributors (like mine, for example, www.manueltgomes.com) that explain some concepts in more detail. 

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @jinivthakkar 

This is quite a hard question, but the connection is managed by Power Automate, and when you use an action, you're invoking the API behind it. Power Automate abstracts all of that for you, but if you check in one of the SharePoint connectors, you can send an HTTP Request where you're doing the request yourself. 

It's quite a simple answer I know, but going in further detail, it would take longer. I recommend you dig in Microsoft's documentation, reading the answered questions here in the Forum or read some blogs of the contributors (like mine, for example, www.manueltgomes.com) that explain some concepts in more detail. 

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (42,609)