Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FreeNit
Advocate II
Advocate II

How get Approver Commnets

Hello 

I need to get "Comments" from Approving process.

I have used build-in blocks but they returned me not appropriate information - {{aprove:value}}

Could someone advice how to get comments from approving.

Approving.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FreeNit / @jwhite ,

Update. I tested Approval Comments and it seems that this issue has been solved. This is my test result:

103.PNG

104.PNG

Please take a try and see if the issue still exists.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @FreeNit 

So, The response comments that come in are in the form of an array. You can initlaise a string variable and do an append to string variable to extract the comments and then use that in the consecutive actions. Please see the flow below: sdf.PNG

you can use the variable to reference the comments in the sharepoint action now. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

I have tried but the result is the same - {{approve:value}}

Approving1.png

Hi @FreeNit,

Have been having the same issue for the past day or so. A response was given in another thread over in the "I found a bug" forum here.

Apparently it is caused when the approval is made through Outlook, so you will still be able to use the response comments from approvals made in the "Approvals" section of https://flow.microsoft.com

Hopefully it will be resolved soon!

v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FreeNit ,

Thanks to @jwhite 's reply, I can reproduce the same issue here.

61.PNG

We will continue to track this issue, and if there is any progress, we will post back.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FreeNit / @jwhite ,

Update. I tested Approval Comments and it seems that this issue has been solved. This is my test result:

103.PNG

104.PNG

Please take a try and see if the issue still exists.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Hi @v-bacao-msft,

Does appear to be resolved on all platforms that I could find to test. Thank you!

Hi @v-bacao-msft 

This post is very helpful, have managed to get the comment there but, I have a question, how to make it requester can see the comment? 

Currently, can only the approval manager see the comment in the approval email, but it seems doesn't trigger sending the comment to the requester.

Will be grateful for any help you can provide.

Thank you.

Sk-73

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,852)