cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yoshihirok
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

How large file size do File System service suport with On-Premises data gateway ?

I want to use over 1MB file in File System service with On-Premises data gateway.

and want to use the File contect in below actions.

My scenario:

scenario 1: Upload the File to specific OneDrive for Business.

scenario 2: Send a mail attemped the File.

I success 10KB txt files, 25KB png files,

But I failed in 176KB PowerPoint pptx file.

Message is in Japanese. "HTTP 要求に失敗しました。タイムアウトに達しました。"

Message mean "Failed HTTP request, because Timeout."

1.png

On-Premises data gateway environment:

Regards,

Yoshihiro Kawabata

27 REPLIES 27

@DavidBurg How create file limit is 20MB my flow fails on create file/file system connector if file is more than 2 MB, IS i'M MISSING SOME THING? flows runs perfectly fine if file is less than 2MB

The support for files over 2 MB is done via chunking. Follow the steps to handle message chunking with connectors documented here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-handle-large-messages#chunked-message-h...

@daviburg just one thing How I can add chunked parameter in Create file/File System connector.

Peek code of my Connector is;

{
    "inputs": {
        "host": {
            "connection": {
                "name": "@parameters('$connections')['shared_filesystem_1']['connectionId']"
            }
        },
        "method": "post",
        "body": "@outputs('Compose_3')",
        "headers": {
            "ReadFileMetadataFromServer": true
        },
        "path": "/datasets/default/files",
        "queries": {
            "folderPath": "\\Daily Activity\\Automated Reports\\ABS Reports",
            "name": "@items('Apply_to_each')?['Name']",
            "queryParametersSingleEncoded": true
        },
        "authentication": "@parameters('$authentication')"
    },
    "limit": {
        "timeout": "P1D"
    },
    "metadata": {
        "flowSystemMetadata": {
            "swaggerOperationId": "CreateFile"
        }
    }
}

So how can I edit connector's JSON?

My understanding is that the connector will attempt chunking if the input allows it. So you do not have a parameter to set to explicitly enable it. This in my opinion is why the documentation explain how to use chunking compatible inputs.

@daviburg I don't know where I'm lagging. My file is just 3.1 MB and unable to download it in local server. Every time flows fails with file create of just 2MB. Now I'm as per documentation store content in variable and than pass this variable to compose action,, after this I pass output of compose action to file content of create file action.

Harry_G_0-1619199057968.png

Harry_G_1-1619199216729.png

Harry, could you open a support ticket with us Microsoft so a customer support engineer may troubleshoot the issue with you and ensure success?

This is known limitation and I have confirmed with Microsoft Support - Reference - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-onprem#considerations 

Please upvote the idea, so that Microsoft can remove this limitation  - https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Remove-2MB-limit-of-Service-Gateway/idi-p/9... 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

The linked limitation is regarding a single message via the gateway. The point of chunking is to break down the request in multiple messages to go beyond the size limit of a single message. There was likely a confusion as to the inquiry.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,252)