cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

How often does flow run batch run? How often are actions metadata (ie. fields) updated from source?

I crated Dynamic 365 - When a record is updated action to create new sharepoint item flow.

And it takes about 20 minutes from when item is updated to start the flow.

How often does flow run and is there any chance some items will be missed?

Also after adding create new sharepoint item action to flow I added new column to sharepoint list and it took about 10 minutes until it was visible in flow. How long does it take until this kind of changes are reflected in flow?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: How often does flow run batch run? How often are actions metadata (ie. fields) updated from sour

Hi @Vlada,

Check your pricing plan. To find your pricing plan please see below.

p1.png

I am not sure about sharepoint list columns sync to flow. There must be some time intervals.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: How often does flow run batch run? How often are actions metadata (ie. fields) updated from sour

Thans @abm.

I'm on "Flow Plan 2" and it still seems to me that flow just does not pickups all item updates, at least not on my CRM entity from the other thread ...

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Vlada,

Generally flow should pick up the updates. In CRM you can have field securities. It's worth checking this. I haven't tested the updates against the field securities.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/gg309608.aspx

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

There is no field security set up on any field of the custom entity (Visit Report).

Today i did these updates

11.30 CET - change item status

11.36 CET - change item fields

when i look in the flow runs, with even checks showed i can now (12.00 CET) see that last action is SKIP 42 minutes ago.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Vlada,

How many environments you got? Click on the right most icon and make sure you are working on the correct environment.

v1.png

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have two enviroments and i always work in the one that is "from preview".

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Vlada,

Just check all of your flow service connection strings again other than that unfortunately I can't help you any more. Not sure where you can raise with possibly Microsoft support?

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

I would, but when i try to submit request i just get blank page with arrow back - both in IE and Chrome. 😄

I don't know where is support for support, where to report this bug.

BTW the items i wrote about were actually processed by the flo at 13:18 CET. So that is almost 2 hour delay.

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (8,296)