cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpaceNudeln
Frequent Visitor

How to Filter Query Person or Group column

Hi! 
Im building my Power Virtual Agent for my company and i have a question: how can i filter query the Employee Column (which is Person or Group type) using Sharepoint list. 
My PVA is on russian language and i want to make bot answer back to user based on user´s gender.

So basically equivalent to english is for example: if a user is female then bot says - Hello, Mrs. X and Hello, Mrs. X if a user is male). I have a column that represent it (Gender - is a Select Column) and i see the logic of PVA like this:

if user is a female person:
1) based on bot.UserdisplayName inside PVA (on english - for example Luisa Simmons) i bring it to Power Automate flow as UserName input (=UserdisplayName)
2) then Get items from Sharepointlist with a filter Query Employee column (which is "Person or Group" column type and where email and Name,Surname on english are stored) so that Employee eq 'Username' 

3) at this point flow should filter the line of Employee Luisa Simmons and from that line extract Gender Value that equals "Female"

4) to do that i would do Get item action to extract in condition: Gender is equal Female 
6) If yes return to PVA Mrs. bot.UserdisplayName if no Hello, Mr. bot.UserdisplayName

So my problem is: how can i make bot.UserdisplayName = Username (as Input from PVA) = Employee (Person or Group column) 

and then extract data about Gender (Choice column type) and give it back to bot. I have tried this: Employee eq 'Username' but this coulndt do anything.

Untitled.png

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,271)