cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
animartis
Helper II
Helper II

How to Get Row with Vlookup Data from Google Sheets

Hello all,

 

I am trying to work around an issue I'm having with text message emails. I send out a weekly reminder to a group of people using an email sent to a user's SMS phone number asking them to respond "If they can attend today's meeting: Yes or No". The email comes back to my inbox without the name of the person, only their phone number and SMS gateway. My idea was to create a Power Automate to write to a Google Sheet, do a Vlookup on the phone number and get their name, then send me an email back with their name and response. The problem I'm having is that when I Insert Row, it sees the Vlookup formula as part of the existing data and writes the next line after the formula. Any suggestions on how I can overcome this obstacle?

 

PAImage1.pngimage.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
animartis
Helper II
Helper II

I figured this out and thought I'd share. Basically, if there is a formula in Google Sheets on the same worksheet as the Add Row, it will see that formula as data and add a new line AFTER the last row of the formula. 

 

The solution was really simple. I created a new worksheet that pointed to the Add Row worksheet, linking the two sheets with formulas (with the __PowerAppsId__, i.e. =Responses!A2, B2, etc.). Then I added my vlookup formula and referenced the __PowerAppsId__ with a Get Row on the new worksheet. Voila!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
animartis
Helper II
Helper II

I figured this out and thought I'd share. Basically, if there is a formula in Google Sheets on the same worksheet as the Add Row, it will see that formula as data and add a new line AFTER the last row of the formula. 

 

The solution was really simple. I created a new worksheet that pointed to the Add Row worksheet, linking the two sheets with formulas (with the __PowerAppsId__, i.e. =Responses!A2, B2, etc.). Then I added my vlookup formula and referenced the __PowerAppsId__ with a Get Row on the new worksheet. Voila!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Carousel

Sign up for our May 4th event!

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (50,022)