Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

How to Get Row with Vlookup Data from Google Sheets

Hello all,

I am trying to work around an issue I'm having with text message emails. I send out a weekly reminder to a group of people using an email sent to a user's SMS phone number asking them to respond "If they can attend today's meeting: Yes or No". The email comes back to my inbox without the name of the person, only their phone number and SMS gateway. My idea was to create a Power Automate to write to a Google Sheet, do a Vlookup on the phone number and get their name, then send me an email back with their name and response. The problem I'm having is that when I Insert Row, it sees the Vlookup formula as part of the existing data and writes the next line after the formula. Any suggestions on how I can overcome this obstacle?

PAImage1.pngimage.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: How to Get Row with Vlookup Data from Google Sheets

I figured this out and thought I'd share. Basically, if there is a formula in Google Sheets on the same worksheet as the Add Row, it will see that formula as data and add a new line AFTER the last row of the formula. 

The solution was really simple. I created a new worksheet that pointed to the Add Row worksheet, linking the two sheets with formulas (with the __PowerAppsId__, i.e. =Responses!A2, B2, etc.). Then I added my vlookup formula and referenced the __PowerAppsId__ with a Get Row on the new worksheet. Voila!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: How to Get Row with Vlookup Data from Google Sheets

I figured this out and thought I'd share. Basically, if there is a formula in Google Sheets on the same worksheet as the Add Row, it will see that formula as data and add a new line AFTER the last row of the formula. 

The solution was really simple. I created a new worksheet that pointed to the Add Row worksheet, linking the two sheets with formulas (with the __PowerAppsId__, i.e. =Responses!A2, B2, etc.). Then I added my vlookup formula and referenced the __PowerAppsId__ with a Get Row on the new worksheet. Voila!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,381)