Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
animartis
Helper III
Helper III

How to Get Row with Vlookup Data from Google Sheets

Hello all,

I am trying to work around an issue I'm having with text message emails. I send out a weekly reminder to a group of people using an email sent to a user's SMS phone number asking them to respond "If they can attend today's meeting: Yes or No". The email comes back to my inbox without the name of the person, only their phone number and SMS gateway. My idea was to create a Power Automate to write to a Google Sheet, do a Vlookup on the phone number and get their name, then send me an email back with their name and response. The problem I'm having is that when I Insert Row, it sees the Vlookup formula as part of the existing data and writes the next line after the formula. Any suggestions on how I can overcome this obstacle?

PAImage1.pngimage.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
animartis
Helper III
Helper III

I figured this out and thought I'd share. Basically, if there is a formula in Google Sheets on the same worksheet as the Add Row, it will see that formula as data and add a new line AFTER the last row of the formula. 

The solution was really simple. I created a new worksheet that pointed to the Add Row worksheet, linking the two sheets with formulas (with the __PowerAppsId__, i.e. =Responses!A2, B2, etc.). Then I added my vlookup formula and referenced the __PowerAppsId__ with a Get Row on the new worksheet. Voila!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
animartis
Helper III
Helper III

I figured this out and thought I'd share. Basically, if there is a formula in Google Sheets on the same worksheet as the Add Row, it will see that formula as data and add a new line AFTER the last row of the formula. 

The solution was really simple. I created a new worksheet that pointed to the Add Row worksheet, linking the two sheets with formulas (with the __PowerAppsId__, i.e. =Responses!A2, B2, etc.). Then I added my vlookup formula and referenced the __PowerAppsId__ with a Get Row on the new worksheet. Voila!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Users online (3,742)