cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

How to Share Flows with a Security Group?

I have created a number of flows in Power Automate, and I thought I was being smart by sharing those flows with an Office 365 security group called "Flow Administration."

But we just added another user to that group, and they cannot see any of the flows shared with that group.

• We do not use Azure AD to sync to our local AD. That is another project for the future.
  • I don't want to really use an Office 365 group as that creates a SharePoint site, Outlook Inbox Group, Power BI Workspace, and a launching point for a new Team for starters. Way too much overhead and administration for another group.
  • It seems a Security Group is the best solution, except it doesn't work. Have I done something wrong in how I did the sharing, or are Office 365 Security Groups not supported by Power Automate?

It isn't a licensing issue that i can tell. Sharing directly with that user enables them to see it in the "Team Flows" tab in Power Automate.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: How to Share Flows with a Security Group?

@EdHansberry 

I understand your concerns, I also had the same dilemma 😄

Did you also evaluate the pros and cons of sharing your flows in the context of a Sharepoint List?

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/share-with-sharepoint-office-365/

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Re: How to Share Flows with a Security Group?

That to me seems the silliest thing I've ever heard of to use a SharePoint list as a security tool. I have printed the article though, because what I am doing now isn't working....

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (6,161)