cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

How to Use a Service Account for PowerAutomate

Hello,

Currently we have several PowerAutomate flows created. But those flows are created by different people and I am worried about if someone leaves our company that those flows will break.

It was recommended that we purchase a Service Account and use that as the owner for those flows.

Is it easy to switch the users, who created the flow, to a service account?

I am still new to PowerAutomate, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Helper V
Helper V

In order to be able to set the service account to be the connection you use in your Flow actions you will need to sign into that service account and then create the connections for the Flow to use. Usually, from my experiences, what I would do is sign into that service account, go and edit the Flow and then set the service account as the connectors.

So for this scenario, I would share the Flow with the service account, and then sign into the service account and do a "Save As" to create a copy of the Flow which should hopefully set them as the owner and they can then set all the connections in Flow to use that account instead. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (11,318)