cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kensley
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to add a third option for conditions

Within my custom flow, I have a Start and Wait for an Approval action, as well as a Condition action. When I run my flow, approvers will receive an e-mail notification allowing them to either Accept & Reject the request.  But I would like them to see a third button, so that they see....

"Accept", "Reject", "Need more Information"

How can I achieve this logic in my flow so that an approver can see all three buttons in their email? Has this been done already?  If so, where do I go to learn how to set this up?

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kensley
Resolver I
Resolver I

Got it.  This article was the initial step for me.  But after you set things based on that guide....

1. Save the flow

2. Click Test in the top right corner

3. Select "I'll perform a trigger action"

4. Then do what the next page tells you to do...it may be in tiny print, but it says "To see it work now, add a new list item to the SharePoint folder you selected. This may take a few moments."  Do just that...go back to your SharePoint list associated to this flow and put in a new item.  The flow will then automatically kick in and the approval process should begin.

The biggest take-away for me in this guide was not using Condition Action, but rather using the Switch Action.  If feels more natural when you need more than a Yes or No condition.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
kensley
Resolver I
Resolver I

Got it.  This article was the initial step for me.  But after you set things based on that guide....

1. Save the flow

2. Click Test in the top right corner

3. Select "I'll perform a trigger action"

4. Then do what the next page tells you to do...it may be in tiny print, but it says "To see it work now, add a new list item to the SharePoint folder you selected. This may take a few moments."  Do just that...go back to your SharePoint list associated to this flow and put in a new item.  The flow will then automatically kick in and the approval process should begin.

The biggest take-away for me in this guide was not using Condition Action, but rather using the Switch Action.  If feels more natural when you need more than a Yes or No condition.  

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,679)