cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How to add extra fields in the create Item

Hello

I am trying to teach myself automate forms that staff can go to sharepoint and request holidays and then that form go to HR for approval. On the create item I want to add under the title Name, first of holiday and then another field last day. How do I add the extra fields?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: How to add extra fields in the create Item

@McTraill06 you need to add the columns for firstday and lastday and any columns you need into your SharePoint list first. Power Automate can't create the SharePoint columns for you. However, if your staff are creating their leave request directly in the SharePoint list form then you don't need a Create item action at all in your flow as the item will already have been created when the flow triggers. In that case your trigger will be a SharePoint When an item is created trigger.

However if they are submitting their leave requests via form in Microsoft Forms then you will need a column in your list for each of the questions in the form and will need the Create item action. After you've done that and you go back in to edit your flow the columns will be in the Create item action.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to add extra fields in the create Item

Hello Rob

I created a list in sharepoint, when I do the drop down in create an item I cant see the page where I set up the list.  I went to the cog, site content and then did new list.

What I want to do is have the staff go to sharepoint, click on an icon that says Holiday request, then they fill out fields, name, dates, that kind of thing, ideally I would have liked it to tell them how many holidays they have left, but for simplicity just name and dates would be great. I then would like this document to go to someone for approval of holidays and then if possible update a calendar of their leave so others can see who is in or out the office.  Maybe forms isnt the way??  any advice would be gratefully received.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (6,703)