cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

How to add multiple CSV tables to a single file on separate worksheets?

Hi Everybody,

I have a recurring flow that collects data from different sources and stores them in separate .csv files. Ideally I would like to save those tables in one file, but on separate worksheets. Like this all data for one reporting period is stored together in one file.

Any way to make that work?

Below is the flow in its current form:

BCBuizer_0-1651751668420.png

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Hi there, 

CSVs are only one worksheet, ever - if you open up an Excel file now, enter some data into it, then into another spreadsheet tab in the same file, and save it as CSV - your data on that second spreadsheet will be gone.  And you'll get this lovely pop-up:

Rhiassuring_0-1651766661989.png

Cheers,

Rhia

Did this answer your question? Please mark it as the solution.
Did it contribute positively towards finding the final solution? Please give it a thumbs up.

I answer questions on the forum for 2-3 hours every Thursday!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Hi there, 

CSVs are only one worksheet, ever - if you open up an Excel file now, enter some data into it, then into another spreadsheet tab in the same file, and save it as CSV - your data on that second spreadsheet will be gone.  And you'll get this lovely pop-up:

Rhiassuring_0-1651766661989.png

Cheers,

Rhia

Did this answer your question? Please mark it as the solution.
Did it contribute positively towards finding the final solution? Please give it a thumbs up.

I answer questions on the forum for 2-3 hours every Thursday!

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rhiassuring ,

Yep, just found out the hard way as well 🙂 Thanks for your reply.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,133)