cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

How to allow users to launch Flows that are integrated with SP Document Libraries?

I created a new Flow that is integrated with a SharePoint document library. In the library, I can see and launch the flow from the "Flow" dropdown. However, my coworkers only see "create a flow" and "see your flows" on that dropdown, and do not see the flow I created. In the Flow FAQ, it states "For flows that can be run manually, you can also grant other people or groups in your organization permission to just run the flow", but I cannot find where to access that feature. 

Is it yet possible to share flows with other users, without giving them ownership rights? Or is that feature still in development?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How to allow users to launch Flows that are integrated with SP Document Libraries?

Hi @Mike2500,

Currently, other than owning the flow, you can only share your flow with others using button flows.

In the mobile app for Microsoft Flow, you can share button flows (buttons) with other users or groups within your organization. When you share a button, the person or group with whom you share can trigger and run your button, the same way they run their own buttons. You can stop sharing your buttons at any time.

For more detailed information, please refer to:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/share-buttons/

You can submit the idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How to allow users to launch Flows that are integrated with SP Document Libraries?

Hi @Mike2500,

Currently, other than owning the flow, you can only share your flow with others using button flows.

In the mobile app for Microsoft Flow, you can share button flows (buttons) with other users or groups within your organization. When you share a button, the person or group with whom you share can trigger and run your button, the same way they run their own buttons. You can stop sharing your buttons at any time.

For more detailed information, please refer to:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/share-buttons/

You can submit the idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Thanks for the quick answer. It's a shame the product team didn't include this detail in the announcement of the feature, as it's a pretty key detail.

Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I have also asked this question. I would love an option to "View flows" associated with a document or item created in a library, like you can with Workflows in SharePoint. Will search to see if this has already been submitted to Flow Ideas.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,434)