cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How to automatically update revision letter in Sharepoint list

Hello,

I have a relatively simple task of using flow that once an email is received, the document status is updated but I also need the revision letter of the document to automatically raise one letter high (i.e. from A to B). I have not been able to find an example flow in the forums so I apologize if I missed it.

See example flow:

flow1.pngflow2.png

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: How to automatically update revision letter in Sharepoint list

@jstfmc1 

I agree that this should be simple but there are no expressions in Flow that facilitate your requirement.  My suggestion is to create a SharePoint list and use it as a reference.  Have two columns - current and next. 

Current  Next

A             B

B             C

and so on.....

Lookup the row that has the current revision letter and use the character in the Next column when updating the SharePoint list.

Let me know if you need an example.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to automatically update revision letter in Sharepoint list

Scott,

Thanks a lot, that's a great workaround! Just to capture for those who are wondering how I set it up, here is the screen shot after creating a second list to reference on the same Sharepoint:

flow3.png

It's possible there is a cleaner way to set this up but it works as intended.

Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,517)