cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to cancel multiple runs in a flow?

I have kicked off a flow that created 3000 running flows.  I see a post from 2018 but don't see any other responses since.  I have about 40 hours before these messages are sent out.

Disabling the flow doesn't help.

Any recommendations?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

I corrected the title - not multiple flows but runs in a flow.

After speaking with MSFT tech support, we copied the flow, deleted the original and it automatically closed the runs.

I appreciate you reading and responding!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wiredupjax ,

Please try to use Flow management to turn off Flow.

In addition, you could filter out the flow that needs to be closed by other attributes such as connector name, Flow name and so on.

Image reference:

160.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

I corrected the title - not multiple flows but runs in a flow.

After speaking with MSFT tech support, we copied the flow, deleted the original and it automatically closed the runs.

I appreciate you reading and responding!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Considering we're supposed to be able to test things, I'm surprised there isn't a button with "cancel all pending flows" or that turning it off doesn't automatically stop it. Thanks for the tip on deleting it.

Highlighted

So the MS solution is to copy the original flow and delete the old flow.

But what about when a Flow is part of the solution. Copying the flow does not add it back into the solution. I guess we have to then go back to the solution and add it back.... 

That makes a whole lot of sense right. ... Here i thought a "Cancel running flows" button would make a whole lot more sense to every user under the sun, but hey, what do i know......

Highlighted

I know this is an old thread, but the following might be useful for others:

http://www.dynamicscrm.blog/power-automate-cancel-all-running-flows

it uses a bookmark button to call a javascript command to cancel all running flows. It still takes quite some time to cancel each and every running flow one by one, but it gets the job done eventually...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,166)