cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to concatenate requirements in email based on conditions

As i am unable to attach files in ms forms for external users, I want to request for the documentations from users by email.   my form would have required users to attach documentations based on their answers on the form. e.g if a user answered Yes to having a constitution or rules, the user is expected to supply their constitution. Additionally, If the same user answered Yes to having an "Annual report", that user would be required to supply their annual report and bank statements. based on answer to other questions , the user may have to supply more documentations. 

Another user may or may not be required to supply documentations based on their selection in the form. All of these are based on branching logic on the form.
I am trying to do this in flow but seems quite complex as data resides in SharePoint.

3 REPLIES 3
manuelstgomes
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

You can create a Share link in SharePoint and send it to the people that have to upload files. Then they would be able to attach the files to the row that they inserted via Forms.

To achieve this you only need to get a share link and create a simple email with that link.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @manuelstgomes ,
Thanks for your reply.  The issue is an applicant may be required to supply 1 - 6 documents based on their answer in the form.

These applicants are external users.

The SharePoint list is for admin purposes only.  

My issue is how to get the items that require the applicants to supply documentation/s. I currently have a Yes or No field for each requirement in the list.

how can I get the items that they applicant need to supply documentation for and send all their requirements in one single email?

Hi @Anonymous 

I recommend the following. Create one public sharepoint where people submit Files and has one ID that links back to the item from the other SharePoint. When a new file enters in that SharePoint you copy it to the private SharePoint and delete the file from the public one. Then you have a public temporary place where people can submit a file and Flow that copies the file to the right place.

Makes sense?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Users online (2,537)