cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Olivier_Defaux
Regular Visitor

How to conditionally count rows in SQL. If > 0 then continue the flow; else stop

I have set up a table in SQL where I store approvals, including a column where I save an approval status (Pending, Approved, Rejected).

As part of a reminder process, I would like to send a message out conditioned on there being more than one item Pending in the Approval status column.

How do I count the number of rows in the table where Approval Status = Pending and then use the result in a Condition (if > 0 then continue the flow; else stop)?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hey @Olivier_Defaux 

You can use odata filter queries to filter out the records and more details can be found here: https://toddbaginski.com/blog/use-dynamic-odata-filter-values-in-a-microsoft-flow-sharepoint-getitem...

Then you can use the length function in flow expression editor to check the length of the list returned from the above action and implement the logic further. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

That's it!.  Thanks so much!

2 REPLIES 2
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hey @Olivier_Defaux 

You can use odata filter queries to filter out the records and more details can be found here: https://toddbaginski.com/blog/use-dynamic-odata-filter-values-in-a-microsoft-flow-sharepoint-getitem...

Then you can use the length function in flow expression editor to check the length of the list returned from the above action and implement the logic further. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

That's it!.  Thanks so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (40,304)