cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandraSoniec
Helper II
Helper II

How to connect to Excel table loaded with Power Query?

Hi,

I would like to update CDS records using power automate using data from Excel.

My data source is an Excel workbook stored on OneDrive. Excel connects to a data from the web and I am using Power Query to transform the data as needed. When I try to connect the workbook in  power automate with action "List rows present in a table", I cannot select any table "NO DYNAMIC CONTENT AVAILABLE". The workbook has two tables that are properly formatted as tables. 

I have used the same workbook already as source with dataflow. The only problem is that my primary field may change values. That's why I am looking for alternative with power automate for being able to update primary field values. Otherwise new records would be created instead of updates.

It would work if I copy and paste the table values in a new workbook and format them as table but then I would lose the refresh capability. Any suggestions? 

1 REPLY 1
SandraSoniec
Helper II
Helper II

The issue appears to be a XML-Map that I used in my workbook. This feature is not supported in Excel for web. Tried another workbook with a power query and web resource, which works fine. Any alternative approaches how I could use the XML data source with power automate?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,767)