Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlessandroP
Helper II
Helper II

How to convert string HH:MM in integer

Dear Experts

I have a csv file that provides a column called Time  in format HH:MM.

I need to feed the values of this column in a data connector and it accepts only INT32 data type.

How do I convert then from HH:MM into INT32 in Power Automate?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@AlessandroP in continuation of yesterdays flow I have add following steps which gives me int value for HH and MM separately then you can use as required

jinivthakkar_0-1613390890328.png

Entire flow 

jinivthakkar_1-1613391028583.png

Refer this link for details of the flow : https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/How-to-convert-string-dd-mm-yyyy-hh-mm-to...

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@AlessandroP in continuation of yesterdays flow I have add following steps which gives me int value for HH and MM separately then you can use as required

jinivthakkar_0-1613390890328.png

Entire flow 

jinivthakkar_1-1613391028583.png

Refer this link for details of the flow : https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/How-to-convert-string-dd-mm-yyyy-hh-mm-to...

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Paulie78
Super User
Super User

2021-02-15_12-21-52.png

AlessandroP
Helper II
Helper II

I don't think this is going to solve my issue 

I need to convert for example the time 23:32 into an integer.

I don't need to convert into integer 23 and 32.

I need the formula to convert the time into an integer.

AlessandroP
Helper II
Helper II

Now, I get it

essentially the field time is expressed in seconds therefore I need to calculate the number of seconds from the time expressed in hours and minutes.

Thanks to the splitting you suggested ,  I can bulid the formula  Number of hours * 3600 + number of minutes * 60

AlessandroP_0-1613432370767.png

Thank you for the help

AlessandroP
Helper II
Helper II

This is the formula I used 

add(mul(int(outputs('Split_Hours_and_minutes')[0]),3600),mul(int(outputs('Split_Hours_and_minutes')[1]),60))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (4,028)