cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

How to convert the any value in text and add to sharepoint column.

HI all, 

i have flow which is working along with Ms froms, such that when a response is submitted and approved, it stores the data to Sharepoint list, how ever i just notice that there was an error stating 

Create item action failed

which in more specific way I would say is failed to read text value. 

However when i tried and tested the flow i found the error that if someone is sending a form with discription as below 

Black sacks – 16.22 x 5no €81.10 + VAT
Blue roll – 9.25 x 10no €92.50 + VAT
Jay Cloths – 2.75 per packet x 2no €5.50 + VAT
Vinyl gloves – 4.25 per pk x 50no (5no cases) – €212.50 + NO VAT
Latex Gloves – 7.00 per pk x 20no (2no cases – 1 large 1 medium) €140.00 + NO VAT 

It fails to create a item and says invalid text value. But to my extent in forms i already have said thats a text value and not number. 

Does any one from all flow experts has an idea what can be done to fix this? that any value given as input can be converted to text so the flow runs perfect no matter what someone enters in forms. 

Tapesh_0-1597828151058.png

Thanks in advance all experts. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Tapesh 

Thought the error has more details what is the type of the Description column in sharepoint , Multi lines? If yes try to enable 

Mira_Ghaly_0-1597829315520.png

Also as troubleshooting try to remove the description and see if it works or no

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Tapesh 

can you please show the rest of the screenshot?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Mira_Ghaly 

Please have a look at screenshot of the flow 

Tapesh_0-1597828984395.png

Tapesh_1-1597829019815.png

@Tapesh 

Thought the error has more details what is the type of the Description column in sharepoint , Multi lines? If yes try to enable 

Mira_Ghaly_0-1597829315520.png

Also as troubleshooting try to remove the description and see if it works or no

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (8,043)