cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhumml
Advocate II
Advocate II

How to copy the items from a SP-list to another, while having a multiselect person/group column

Hi,

I have a similar problem as he

I would like to copy the content of  a multiselect column type into another SharePoint list using flow. 

I tried to use the "select"- and after that the "join" operation. On every pass of the "apply to each" operation it ads only one and everytime the same user. I'm not sure what the select operation does when i enter this expression:

first(body('Get_items')?['Value'])?['personColumnName']

this expression takes the "claims" inforrmation from the current item:

item()?['Claims']

Maybe someone can help me. @RussellGove @faustocapellanj @v-yuazh-msft 

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Tom_Slosse
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hey @jhumml 

The list where the copied content will be saved, does it have the same content type and fields in it?

It is possible to copy multi values to another list because I already did that once if I remember correctly.

But I copied the content to a multi line of text because copying values from a multi select to another multi select will not work.

Hope this helps a bit.

Kind regards

Tom

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered.

Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

i now wrote it in a multiline textfield too.

Too bad there is no solution.. Thanks anyway

Hey @jhumml 

It is kinda explainable, a lookup (or multi select) are actually IDs so if you want to copy these IDs you would need to compare the IDs of the item that you want to copy with the ID of your lookup list to be able to copy it in a lookup in a new list I think.

I achieved this with nintex but I would need to have a look if this is achievable with Flow.

But I think if you want to copy anyway there is no need to be a link between the original lookup list and lets say the archive list, you just want to know what has been selected back then. Well I would do it like that, maybe you want the specific lookup values in it I don't know.

Kind regards

Tom

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered.

Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Users online (2,688)