cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to create a flow that automatically sends an email whenever someone updates an excel sheet

Hello, I'm trying to create an automatic flow that would trigger an email whenever someone modified a specific excel sheet. Whenever I try to make this flow, however, it changes it from automate to instant and then requires a person to manually start the flow. How do i go about automating this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: How to create a flow that automatically sends an email whenever someone updates an excel sheet

Hi @dmnwc 

Excel doesn't provide a trigger for when something is changed, like SharePoint for example.

You need to trigger it either manually or scheduled and check if there are any changes like you mention. 

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: How to create a flow that automatically sends an email whenever someone updates an excel sheet

Hi @dmnwc 

Excel doesn't provide a trigger for when something is changed, like SharePoint for example.

You need to trigger it either manually or scheduled and check if there are any changes like you mention. 

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,705)