cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
007Sol
Helper II
Helper II

How to create flow that updates field values on the Opportunity close form from a Opportunity record form

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and power automate. I have created a contract start and contract end date fields on a opportunity record form. When closing the Opportunity as won, then in the opportunity close form overlay, we need to see the:

Contract start date =default value=current value

Contract end date  = default value = current value.

Does anyone know how I can achieve this using power automate?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help/guide.

10 REPLIES 10
Nived_Nambiar
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @007Sol 

Are u using some other kinds of forms for this ?

Hi @Nived_Nambiar 

Thanks for your prompt reply. I'll be using the opportunity and opportunity close forms. Is this what you mean?

Nived_Nambiar
Resolver I
Resolver I

Is there any connector for this form in power automate, can u share a screenshot for this?

Using Microsoft dataverse (when a row is added, modified or deleted) trigger for this form. Am I missing something obvious here?

Hi @007Sol  getting your point

So u need to set the default value of date column as current date itslef

For that case u can use the calculation option in Microsoft data verse for this 

Would you be able to share any screenshot or steps on how to accomplish this?

Thanks

Like need to confirm one thing

What is the current value , is it current date ?

Yes - current date for contract start date and the contract end date could be for instance a month away from the current date

Nived_Nambiar
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @007Sol 

Since you are working with CDS, you can make this defualt value addition easily using business rules, in cds entity u can create a business rule by using the condition Contract Start Date is empty, if it is empty then use set default value as equal to Created Date

This way it helps to set the defualt values if not added

Regards,

Nived N

Hi @Nived_Nambiar 

Thanks, I will give this a try.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Users online (3,313)