cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to create flow to capture word from an email?

Hi everyone,

I want to create a flow for which to send an emaik to ask for approval from the approver. Right now, I used the function start and wait for approval, but the problem is that the approver need to make decision through microsoft flow website. It cant approve or reject directly from the email. What I want is for the approver to reply the email and microsoft flow to capture the word like "Yes", "Approve", so that the approver won't have to go through microsoft flow website. I dont know if that's possible or anyone has any suggestion. 

Thank You

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: How to create flow to capture word from an email?

Hi Ctwn,

I'm not sure of what you exactly need. But i tried something.
(Sorry for the french version)

Here is my flow : 

Approval_flux.PNG

I manually triggered the flow, a start and approval action send me an email. But i don't need to make decision through flow website. I do it through outlook : 

Approval_test.PNG

I submit and i retrieve the approver's decision with the condition : 

Flow.PNG

If response is equal to Reject do something... 

Hope this help, 

Emeric

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

If you use the Start and Wait for an Approval and have Enable Notifications turned on under advanced settings then the user CAN respond to the approval directly from the email.  The email is delivered with an Approve and Reject button in the email.  All the user has to do is click on one of those buttons, add any optional comments they want to submit and click submit.  They don't need to reply to the email or go to the Flow website or application.  It all happens in the context of the email.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ctwn,

An email sent by Flow Approvals contains two parts, actionable part and the original part.

However, actionable part will only appear if you are using the latest Outlook client version. So please try to update your Outlook Client version to see if you could get the actionable available.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,673)