cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dkrish2020
Helper I
Helper I

How to create records with excel file using microsoft flows

i want to create Contact entity for this in Excel 4 fields are mentioned based those fields it should create contact record and 4 th field is related account entity . If the mentioned account entity record is present in CRM it should link to contact entity other wise create account record and link contact record . Please suggest how to implement this using microsoft flows.

6 REPLIES 6

@dkrish2020 

I think I understand correctly:

You have a spreadsheet with four fields (as an example, I'll say "First Name", "Last Name", "eMail", and "Account Number".

If someone adds a new row and the "Account Number" is populated in Excel, you want to create a contact for the corresponding account in CRM.  If there is no account number, you want to create a new (Company) Account, and then a new "Contact" based on the info in Excel.  Is that correct?

A couple of questions: 

1. Are we stuck on Excel?  Do we have other options like Forms, Sharepoint, PowerApps or even a portal on the CRM?
  2. Which CRM are we talking about?  Dynamics 365? an older version from Microsoft? Or something else entirely?
  3. When you say "link to contact entity"...do you mean a hyperlink in the spreadsheet? Or just a transfer of information?
  4. Is the spreadsheet referred to? or just for inputting data?  (relevant to #1, I guess).

Keep us posted.

Thanks!

-Ed-

@edgonzales

If someone adds a new row and the "Account Number" is populated in Excel, you want to create a contact for the corresponding account in CRM. If there is no account number, you want to create a new (Company) Account, and then a new "Contact" based on the info in Excel. Is that correct?

You are correct this is what i need in D365 using microsoft flows.
Answers for your questions
1.I dont know what how to implement this using microsoft flows and i need suggestion on this.
2.D365
3.link to contact means while creating after contact it should account lookup field on contact.
4.spreadsheet is for input of data.

Can we implement using flows concept. Pls help on and iam new to flows concept.

Thanks,
Krishna

Hi ,

I am able to create contact records from excel but able to link Account record if it already exists in CRM and create new account if it doesnt exists and associate to contact record. 

Please review following flow configuration and pls suggest.

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

@edgonzales 

You are correct this is what i need in D365 using microsoft flows.
Answers for your questions
1.I dont know what how to implement this using microsoft flows and i need suggestion on this.
2.D365
3.link to contact means while creating after contact it should account lookup field on contact.
4.spreadsheet is for input of data.

I was able to create contact records from Excel but when trying to link account record to contact record getting error .To update contact iam mapping company name with account id primary key but this is causing problem as company name is lookup field .please suggest how to map company name lookup field in update record action.

@dkrish2020 

I think a Power Apps solution really would be the best option here.  It will let you link to your D365 data easily and help keep your data clean.  Check out this video from Richard Burdes, which describes how to do this in detail.

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,732)