cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abhimanyuthite1

How to create the key value pair from the excel table

Hi,

I wanted to create the Key-Value pair from the excel table. Yes there is 'Select' from Data operation but it's output also come in array. Also required how we can use key to get the value.

Here is Excel Table:

Abhimanyuthite1_0-1635232025120.png

Select action's output-

[

{"KEY_FIRST" : VALUE_FIRST},
{"KEY_SECOND" : "VALUE_SECOND"}

]

I required Key - Value pair like,
{

"KEY_FIRST" : VALUE_FIRST,
"KEY_SECOND" : "VALUE_SECOND"

}

If anyone knows your guidance would be very helpful for me.

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4
VJR
Super User
Super User

Hi @Abhimanyuthite1 

Regarding your question on "how we can use key to get the value"

You can use the "Get a row" action and pass the key in the "Key Value" last box shown below.

VJR_2-1635249076217.png

Hi @VJR ,

Thanks for responding, but the thing is that there are so many rows are present in the excel sheet and for each time using Get Row leads to the power automate error "your quota is replenished", so after that I have to wait for the full fill the quota again. This is also a consume more time.
For the avoiding hitting so many of spreadsheet API's because of getting each row Required the Map Collection which able to create from the Excel which take only one time to hit the excel and the data would be in Map collection.

Thanks & regards.

mahoneypat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Here is one way to do it after your Select step.  Create an empty array variable called ResultsArray and then add an Apply to Each step on the Select output with this expression.

{" <expression1> ":" <expression2> "}

expression 1 = item()?['Key']

expression 2 = item()?['Value']

mahoneypat_0-1635806083757.png

mahoneypat_1-1635806183108.png

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Or, if you really just have two rows and need that format, you could do it in a single Compose step instead of an ATE.  In this case, using [0] and [1] to index them.

body('Select')?[0]?['Key']
body('Select')?[0]?['Value']
body('Select')?[1]?['Key']
body('Select')?[1]?['Value']

mahoneypat_0-1635815932356.png

mahoneypat_1-1635815939401.png

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,535)