Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karimabdelrazek
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to delete a Planner Plan using Graph

Power Automate Heros,

I'm a bit of a newbie at Power Automate and am trying to delete an MS Planner Plan using Graph and using the "Send an HTTP Request" in Office365 Groups. I've been through the documentation (which partially makes sense to me) but am unable to figure out the right syntax for the If-Match header. I'm also unsure if it's the planner id that goes in the If-Match header or something else.

Could someone please walk me through, step by step, how to configure this part of the flow?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @karimabdelrazek,

You would need to retrieve the e-tag value. That is required in the If-Match header. You can use a GET request to retrieve the current e-tag value and use that in the DELETE request.

Below is an example how you could delete a plan

Properly test this. I have only tested it in my own dev.

CustomHeader1 value

If-Match: @{outputs('Send_an_HTTP_request')?['body']['@Odata.etag']}

deleteplannerplan.png

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @karimabdelrazek,

You would need to retrieve the e-tag value. That is required in the If-Match header. You can use a GET request to retrieve the current e-tag value and use that in the DELETE request.

Below is an example how you could delete a plan

Properly test this. I have only tested it in my own dev.

CustomHeader1 value

If-Match: @{outputs('Send_an_HTTP_request')?['body']['@Odata.etag']}

deleteplannerplan.png

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

@Expiscornovus . Thank you for your quick reply. It's not working at my end. I've tried rebuilding your formula in the expression editor and it's giving me an error that says "The expression is invalid". What am I missing?

It worked! My mistake was that I accidently chose the "Send an HTTP Request V2" instead of the regular "Send an HTTP Request". Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,806)