cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Helper III
Helper III

How to do a lookup from files from a sharepoint folder to an excel file

Hi All,

Good day. Not sure if this question is already taken up in this forum. But I have an excel list with billing document numbers and I would want to verify or check if those billing documents are already uploaded in a sharepoint folder.

So the idea is, when there is a pdf document uploaded in a sharepoint folder, example is with filename 1234.pdf, it should look in an excel list and put some verification that it is uploaded.

This is an excel list sample:

Billing DocumentUploaded in sharepoint
1234Yes
5678(either no or blank)

appreciate the help to make a flow for this.

thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@CatPagulayan I think this can be done, you can have a trigger on when a file is uploaded and then get the filename(eg. if file was 1234.pdf, get only 1234) then iterate through excel table(list rows present in a table action) and if filename is equals to column name in excel, update row value to yes(update row action)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@CatPagulayan I think this can be done, you can have a trigger on when a file is uploaded and then get the filename(eg. if file was 1234.pdf, get only 1234) then iterate through excel table(list rows present in a table action) and if filename is equals to column name in excel, update row value to yes(update row action)

View solution in original post

thank you @jinivthakkar , I tried making a flow but seems the condition is always a false. Can you possibly help in this?

CatPagulayan_0-1610966003649.pngCatPagulayan_1-1610966051794.pngCatPagulayan_2-1610966126099.pngCatPagulayan_3-1610966216182.png

 

Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@CatPagulayan 

 

Instead of value, check if you are able to see column name in dynamic content : 

jinivthakkar_0-1610967306634.png

 

Hello @jinivthakkar ,

I have also tried all of the available columns there but to no avail. Still it shows as failed. Anyway, I did something instead, I changed my flow to simply add the filename information in another table, and then the main table will simply have a vlookup 🙂

Nevertheless, you have been really helpful and will accept your initial message as the solution. Thanks very much!! appreciate it! 😄

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (12,822)