cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
CatPagulayan
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to do a lookup from files from a sharepoint folder to an excel file

Hi All,

Good day. Not sure if this question is already taken up in this forum. But I have an excel list with billing document numbers and I would want to verify or check if those billing documents are already uploaded in a sharepoint folder.

So the idea is, when there is a pdf document uploaded in a sharepoint folder, example is with filename 1234.pdf, it should look in an excel list and put some verification that it is uploaded.

This is an excel list sample:

Billing DocumentUploaded in sharepoint
1234Yes
5678(either no or blank)

appreciate the help to make a flow for this.

thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@CatPagulayan I think this can be done, you can have a trigger on when a file is uploaded and then get the filename(eg. if file was 1234.pdf, get only 1234) then iterate through excel table(list rows present in a table action) and if filename is equals to column name in excel, update row value to yes(update row action)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@CatPagulayan I think this can be done, you can have a trigger on when a file is uploaded and then get the filename(eg. if file was 1234.pdf, get only 1234) then iterate through excel table(list rows present in a table action) and if filename is equals to column name in excel, update row value to yes(update row action)

thank you @jinivthakkar , I tried making a flow but seems the condition is always a false. Can you possibly help in this?

CatPagulayan_0-1610966003649.pngCatPagulayan_1-1610966051794.pngCatPagulayan_2-1610966126099.pngCatPagulayan_3-1610966216182.png

 

jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@CatPagulayan 

 

Instead of value, check if you are able to see column name in dynamic content : 

jinivthakkar_0-1610967306634.png

 

Hello @jinivthakkar ,

I have also tried all of the available columns there but to no avail. Still it shows as failed. Anyway, I did something instead, I changed my flow to simply add the filename information in another table, and then the main table will simply have a vlookup 🙂

Nevertheless, you have been really helpful and will accept your initial message as the solution. Thanks very much!! appreciate it! 😄

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,576)