cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramnkc
Level: Powered On

How to end a current existing flow instance associating item

I have business scenerio which require me to end and existing instance of flow and kick off another instance.

Example i have a request which send a approval to a person which on long leaves... i will require to kill that instance and kick off another new intance. I managed to start off a brand new intance leaving the old instance running in limbo... is there anyway i can check whether any instance on the particular list item id then terminate it?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to end a current existing flow instance associating item

Hey @ramnkc,

You can do it easily using HTTP connection. Flow 1 use HTTP request and flow 2 has an HTTP response trigger.

Dorul
Level 8

Hi @ramnkc

If you mean to check the flow run after the corresponding sharepoint ID, I had the same problem and posted in ideas section. Feel free to vote for it, maybe devs will add it sooner or later.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Search-in-flow-runs-after-sharepoint-item-ID/idi-p/13...

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

ramnkc

i did that as well.. but that leave the previous flow instance in limbo state... i wish to end those previous flow.

ramnkc

Excactly... Flow management really a joke and i have a business form request which require 6 level of approval and due to their retention polices i need to do a http recurring call which end up 6 history of flow on the list... imagine i have 30 request perday and i could end up having 180 on the history list which no way i can find those.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,735)