cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft
Microsoft

How to escape double quotes in an adaptive card

I am trying to display the title from a vstfs work item in the adaptive card.  If the title contains double quotes, it cuts off the string at the first quote.

Are there examples on how to escape this so i can display the entire string?

e.g. Title: Test "work" item

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Frequent Visitor

Hi @anuchinta ,

The single quote mark ( ' ) is used to escape characters in Microsoft Flows.

'"Work" should output "Work", but you may have to add a second escape i.e. '"Work'"

@MatthewHolmes , thx for your reply.  It does not seem to work.  Is there a way to replace the double quotes with space chars?

So I tested this out using the Adaptive Card designer, and it automatically adds a back slash (\) before double quote marks. I would give that a go! https://adaptivecards.io/designer/

2019-09-23_13-31-53.png

Hi @anuchinta ,

If I was able to resolve your issue, could you please mark the thread as resolved? This will help people having similar troubles to find this thread, and hopefully resolve their issues too.

Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (1,580)