cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xy2
Frequent Visitor

How to extract Email address in the body of an email to be put into a SharePoint List?

Hello,

I would like to extract the email addresses from an Undeliverables email specifically so that I can compare them with an existing SharePoint list I have to remove the addresses using Power Automate.

xy2_0-1656308395754.png

Attached is an example of the Undeliverable email, I just want to retrieve the email address written in the body.

Appreciate any inputs 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shuvam-rpa
Super User
Super User

Hello @xy2 ,

To extract the email address from the body of email, you have to create one automated cloud flow with the connector When a new email arrives (V3) and after that create one compose action and paste the expression in compose triggerOutputs()?['body']['toRecipients'] to capture the email address. I'm attaching some screenshot for your reference. 

Shuvamrpa_0-1656304904643.png

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Accept as Solution' if my post answered your question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Shuvam-rpa
Super User
Super User

Hello @xy2 ,

To extract the email address from the body of email, you have to create one automated cloud flow with the connector When a new email arrives (V3) and after that create one compose action and paste the expression in compose triggerOutputs()?['body']['toRecipients'] to capture the email address. I'm attaching some screenshot for your reference. 

Shuvamrpa_0-1656304904643.png

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Accept as Solution' if my post answered your question.

xy2
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Shuvam-rpa , thanks for your response.

I've tested the flow you provided but it outputs my email address instead of the one I want to retrieve.

For context: The image attached is an automated email I receive that mentions email addresses that my mail did not reach. I would like to retrieve that email address in the email instead of mine.

Shuvam-rpa
Super User
Super User

Could you please send me the screenshot.

As in my testing i have received the failed recipient address . please check the below screenshot.

Shuvamrpa_0-1656307743061.pngShuvamrpa_1-1656307754146.png

xy2
Frequent Visitor

xy2_0-1656307850287.png

Working with company emails so I censored those.

The output I received from this flow is the email address colored in blue; the shared mailbox where I receive emails regarding undelivered addresses.

Please let me know if I missed out anything 🤔

Kindly check, i have done testing on the shared mailbox also and i got the desired output.

Shuvamrpa_0-1656309285792.png

Shuvamrpa_1-1656309418653.png

xy2
Frequent Visitor

Thank you but it still does not work for me 😢

Are there any other alternatives to this?

We can connect on anydesk , so i can check the issue you're facing.

xy2
Frequent Visitor

Hello, the flow ran by itself today and it managed to retrieve the new undeliverable email address! There might have been some backend issues on my side yesterday.

Thank you for your help, have a great day 😀 

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,600)