cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ilievst
Frequent Visitor

How to find a message ID of an old message in order to use it for a "Reply to message flow"

Hi guys!

I have the following use case:

We have a production teams channel (meaning a lot of customers are inside). Some days ago I've created a Meeting via the Teams Scheduling options and the Meeting link and details were sent in the channel as a message.
Now I would like to create a flow that replies every 2 weeks to that "Meeting message" with something like "Quick reminder. The meeting for XYZ will be held tomorrow". By doing this the meeting link wont be lost up in the old messages. I need this message to stay on the bottom of the channel, so everybody can see it. (Pinning this does not solve my problem, because as of writing this post, that is not how pinning channel messaging works).

In order for me to set up the flow to reply to a specific message I would need the Message ID. Herefore my question - How do I get a message ID of my "Meeting message" from the channel?

Note: This "meeting message" is definitely not the last/latest message in the channel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ilievst ,

You could get the message ID from the message link:

vbofengmsft_0-1669947497538.png

vbofengmsft_1-1669947530471.png

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ilievst ,

You could get the message ID from the message link:

vbofengmsft_0-1669947497538.png

vbofengmsft_1-1669947530471.png

Best Regards,

Bof

Thanks you very much Bof! 

Hope you have a great weekend!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,228)