cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cim
Frequent Visitor

How to generate a PDF and email it automatically?

Hi there

I'm trying to create a system like the one described in the following flowchart:

Diagrama em branco.jpeg

My problem is in the third step, I can link the Excel chart in the document by Word or Powerpoint, but the name of the answerer, and the predefined texts are not.

Does anyone know any other tools or resources for me to do this?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
kaitogoto
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @Cim apologies I cannot understand the full picture of your goal. I would like to ask the following questions

1) Can you extract the name of the answerer, and the predefined texts directly from the form?

2) When a new row is created in Excel, what information is stored in that row?

3) When you say "grade analyzed in excel" what do you refer to with the word "grade".

Kind Regards

Cim
Frequent Visitor

1) Yes and I managed to do it
2) I have some formulas to analyze the form score, but I'm having some problems with it, apparently the same as described here:

link
3) It would be a kind of score

But I still have some doubts, I wish I could insert Excel charts in PDF/Word, but apparently the only way to do this would be through scripts, but then I would need a business or student account. In this case, I have a student account, but its license doesn't cover scripts.

powercorner
Super User
Super User

Hello @Cim ,

technically you could do all the document preparations inside your excel (or maybe a copy of your excel template) and then after you filled in all the important info you could just convert it to an pdf file which you will be able to send to the person/email from the form. 

In this case you will need the following actions:

powercorner_0-1622973472824.png

So you can first add the info from the form into the excel and then convert it to PDF.

With regards,
Kevin

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,885)