Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to generate a PDF from Microsoft Forms and get it sent to an email address

Hi guys,

Does someone know the flow to generate a PDF file from a Microsoft Forms form's responses and get that file sent to an email?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How to generate a PDF from Microsoft Forms and get it sent to an email address

Hi @Anonymous,

You could use OneDrive-Create file to generate a pdf file with the file name suffix ".pdf".

Then use Get file content to get the file content and send it as an attachment to the message.

You could consider configuring Delete file action at the end, because the process of creating file is just a transition here, you could delete the previously created file.

I have made a test on my side and the flow works well.

Image reference:

15.PNG16.PNG

The contents of the attachment are as follows:

17.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Re: How to generate a PDF from Microsoft Forms and get it sent to an email address

Hi,

I have a problem with this soluition. I exectly build it like you did. But everytime I recieve the E-Mail it is only 1kb big and it is not possible to open it with Adobe Acrobat Reader or the browser. Do you know what the problem could be?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

This solution didn't work for me, either, but I used it as a starting point for one that ultimately did. Rather than making the pdf with the "Create File" function, which wasn't able to generate a properly encoded PDF for me, I had it create an HTML file instead. That way I was able to format everyhting exatly the way I wanted using CSS. After that, I used the "Convert File Using Path" function to convert it to a PDF and attach it. That was able to make a pdf that opened fine in Acrobat reader, although at times it didn't play nicely with previewing in Outlook.

Highlighted

ciao, can you post the solution with screenshot.. i have the same problem and i cannot create pdf from microsoft forms

thank you.

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

This may be of interest... provides some detailed steps/ guidance: https://blog.encodian.com/2019/08/building-word-documents-from-microsoft-forms-responses/

To convert to PDF, simple use the 'Convert HTML to PDF' rather than the 'Convert HTML to Word' action

HTH

Jay

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Can you please share with me how you made the CSS work ? I have tried but it does not apply the CSS rules. It even removes some text formatted with CSS.

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@cheickdiallo 

I assume you're using the OneDrive approach? The OneDrive connector doesn't provide full CSS support... can you share your HTML and I'll take a look

HTH

Jay

Highlighted

Do you have a screenshot for your flow, you can provide for this?

Highlighted

I've done it a slightly different way. Not very sophisticated but it's worked for me.

I completed my form myself.

Then I went back in and went to review it and then selected print response.

Rather than print, I saved it as a PDF

Annoyingly, this gives you all the answers so I then had to highlight all, copy and paste into word and then go through and delete the irrelevant info before re-saving it.  

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

You can use Muhimbi PDF Converter to Convert responses from Microsoft Form to PDF - For details see: https://clavinfernandes.wordpress.com/2019/01/29/convert-response-from-microsoft-form-to-pdf/

Muhimbi PDF Converter also support Print Specific CSS, so you can also create\mimic you form layout, for details see: https://clavinfernandes.wordpress.com/2020/08/04/convert-microsoft-forms-responses-to-pdf-using-powe...

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

You can also do this using the out-of-the-box OneDrive connector, without the need for any third-party connectors in your Power Automate workflow.

The OneDrive connector allows you to create a HTML file containing your MS Forms responses and then convert it to PDF.

3hg45hgh435h43-1.png

If you want more info, the steps are documented in more detail at the below link.

https://www.shanebart.com/power-automate-send-pdf-email/

Highlighted

TRe: How to generate a PDF from Microsoft Forms and get it sent to an email address

1. CTRL + P to open the Printer dialog box.

2. Scroll left in the "Select Printer" window and select "Microsoft Print to PDF".

3. Click Print.

4. Type the filename.

5. Save

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,719)