cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinav
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

How to get =LEFT(Filename,SEARCH(".",Filename)-1) to work sharepoint update action?

I need this command to use the front part of a filename into a field.  I need this to occur during item creation.  It works fine as a calculated value in Sharepoint, but I need that field to be a text field after initial creation.  It would be great to do this in flow.  There does not seem to be a set of "Expression" commands to emulate this statement.

=LEFT(Filename,SEARCH(".",Filename)-1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
martinav
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I found this in a similar post.  For my purpose, this is what worked... finally.

"@substring(body('Get_file_properties')?['Filename'],0,lastindexof(body('Get_file_properties')?['Filename'],'.'))"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
martinav
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I found this in a similar post.  For my purpose, this is what worked... finally.

"@substring(body('Get_file_properties')?['Filename'],0,lastindexof(body('Get_file_properties')?['Filename'],'.'))"

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (42,206)