cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

How to get collection data and parse to Json using flow and powerapps

Hi All, 

I'm trying to create a flow using power apps and power automate, how ever  I tried to find some solution using the forum and google posts but I'm unable to figure out what ways can the object be converted to Json, as the error says expected Object but received string. 

The workflow goes as such, 

Firstly, I'm creating a collection in power apps, and sending all that collection to flow and then converting it to CSV and adding that to the SharePoint document folder. I tried it to do this step by step it by first get the data from power apps and use COMPOSE action to create a Schema, and then add to Parse JSON but i get the error saying expected Object but received Array. 

Can anyone give me any idea what I m doing wrong or missing the key factor here? Thank you all experts in advance. 🙂
Please see the screen shot below: 

Tapesh_0-1605611463542.png

Tapesh_1-1605611491278.png

Also, it is trying to create multiple files for the collection whereas I want to create one file for each one when the flow triggers.  

Tapesh_2-1605611573687.png

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Pstork1 

Thanks for the help and response and also sorry for the delay in reply, I actually found the solution to this, that what was the missing puzzle. 

Solution:

There was an error in the collection (PowerApps) when getting the data, the formate was not converted to JSON as below and this worked fine. 

Set(VarFormatJSON, JSON(ExportColGal4, JSONFormat.IndentFour ));

Regards 

Tapesh 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Can you show the error message associated with the ParseJSON step in the flow?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Pstork1 

Thanks for the help and response and also sorry for the delay in reply, I actually found the solution to this, that what was the missing puzzle. 

Solution:

There was an error in the collection (PowerApps) when getting the data, the formate was not converted to JSON as below and this worked fine. 

Set(VarFormatJSON, JSON(ExportColGal4, JSONFormat.IndentFour ));

Regards 

Tapesh 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (107,081)