cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PytByt Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

How to get items from D365 FinOps with Filter and store it in a sharepoint List

Hi all..

I want to get items (data) from my D365 FO Entity by filtering it and then store it in my SP list. 

Is this achievable with Ms. Flow (power automate)?

What flow components should i use to achieve this?

Thanks.

pytbyt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: How to get items from D365 FinOps with Filter and store it in a sharepoint List

Hey @PytByt 

By array handlings, I refer to something like this: 

Intialize an array variable -> get all records and now add a condition action to check if the array contains the unique identifier that you want to group on from the returned list and then if it does, do nothing else append to array action and add the group by column now. 

Add another intialize array variable now and add an apply to each control and this time point to the group by array and then add the list records action and here in the filter query filter on the entity eq the current item and you will get records only related to that particular array item and then now you can either add them to different array or create tables to send as email etc. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: How to get items from D365 FinOps with Filter and store it in a sharepoint List

Hey @PytByt 

You can check out the Dynamics 365 FO connector and a few readily available templates on this connector here: https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/shared_dynamicsax/dynamics-365-for-fin-ops/

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

PytByt Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @yashag2255 

Thanks for the reply.

I need to know how exactly to save my items from D365FO into my sharepoint list? What action should i take to save the result like shown in below image?

Also, what is the proper action to create a group by? 

Flow1.pngWhat action should i take to save the result in my sharepoint list?

Thanks,
pytbyt

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @PytByt 

Once this action is in place, are you able to run the flow? Can you check if there are records being returned in the item?

If yes, you can now add an apply to each control and select the output of the list records action and then in the apply to each, add an action to create a new item in SharePoint. Select the appropriate values for the SharePoint action and then run the flow now. 

All records returned in the table should now be created in the SharePoint list as well. As for group by, maybe you can modify the view on the SharePoint List directly. 

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted
PytByt Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @yashag2255 

Thank you for the insight.

Is there any specific action in Power Automate to create Group By action for my Result above?

Regards,

pytbyt

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @PytByt 

Can you share a little more information on the group by? Are you trying to create a view in SP that shows items grouped based on a value? If so, I believe there is no direct action that supports it. 

In case, you want to create an array with elements having a particular key only, you can do some array handlings to achieve it but again there is no direct way for it. 

Hope this Helps!

PytByt Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @yashag2255 

Could you please give more insight on array handlings to achieve group by?

Thanks.

pytbyt

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @PytByt 

By array handlings, I refer to something like this: 

Intialize an array variable -> get all records and now add a condition action to check if the array contains the unique identifier that you want to group on from the returned list and then if it does, do nothing else append to array action and add the group by column now. 

Add another intialize array variable now and add an apply to each control and this time point to the group by array and then add the list records action and here in the filter query filter on the entity eq the current item and you will get records only related to that particular array item and then now you can either add them to different array or create tables to send as email etc. 

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

PytByt Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Thank you @yashag2255 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,195)