cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ogun_ustun
Helper III
Helper III

How to get responce fromHow to get responce from externals and record in SP List externals and record in SP List

Dear All,

I have an powerapp from where we send automatic e-mails to our carriers. Based on transport orders, carriers share the plate numbers of the trucks over related e-mail.

I would like to record the responce of the carrier in my data source which is SP list of my app.

The issue my organization has no Microsoft Form. Do you know whether there is another way out to perform such transaciton?

If you let me know your comments i will be glad.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Ogun_ustun 

External users can participate in Power Apps. You would need to license these external users within your tenant.

Another option would be to have these emails go out to carriers from a dedicated email id.

When they respond to the email, you can leverage flow to parse the email body and take necessary action.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

@RezaDorranithank for the quick reply.

Unfortunately i have no licence option go to be given to extarnals.

Please find the automatic e-mail from my apps to the carris and carrier reply regarding plate number.

The e-mail is sent from generic e-mail id but carrier reply as text on e-mail body.

How the flow is going to take only plate number and record it in SP list?

Do you have an example flow for it from where i can take reffrence?

Thanks

2020-06-25 11_25_24-Start.png2020-06-25 11_27_29-Start.png

Hi @Ogun_ustun 

Check out https://github.com/rdorrani/Microsoft-Flow/blob/master/Parsingtexttablefromemail_20190927213613.zip

https://github.com/rdorrani/Microsoft-Flow/blob/master/FetchstringfromSampletext_20190925204900.zip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Hello @RezaDorrani 

I have now Microsoft From available in my company. Can i send a form detials in order e-mails to the carriers and they can go in the form, record plate number and afterwards i can record the responce in SP based on transport order number? Do you see any other option?

This options "Another option would be to have these emails go out to carriers from a dedicated email id." is not applicable since carrier and consolidation centers are communicating over related e-mails. If you review and share your ideas i will be glad.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,390)