Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
scheu
Level: Powered On

How to get the URL of a Azure DevOps work item created in Flows

Hi,

I use 'Azure DevOps' to create a work item in Flows.  

How can I get URL of the work item which gets created?

When I try the 'URL' dynamic content, I only get a url to the json data for the task created, not the URL of the HTML page of the task.

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: How to get the URL of a Azure DevOps work item created in Flows

Hi @scheu 

I just made a test on my side and it works just fine: hsha.png

Can you please post a screenshot of what you are getting? Having a look at that will help better understand the error/ issue and assist you better in resolving it. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

scheu

I also use 'URL' of the 'Work item' i created in Azure DevOps.

And this is the output that I got

https://office.visualstudio.com/_apis/wit/workItems/3451399

When I load the above link in browser, i got JSON date, instead of the HTML page for the work item I created.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @scheu 

That is weird! I got the appropriate url that navigates me to the work item. Can you please post a screenshot of your flow so that we can see the configuration and better assist you?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @scheu 

I got the issue here. My apologies that I did not have a look at it earlier. So I browsed the URL and to my surprise it returened huge JSON of everything on that particular work item that i did not want. 

So what I did is, I went to the work item in the Azure DevOps and copied that URL 

https://dev.azure.com/user10962/user1/_workitems/edit/6/

In my case it was this and here user10962 is the account name and the user1 is the project name. I used this url and got rid of the id '6' in this case and intialised a variable of type string after the create item and  then put that entire string upto edit/ and after the slash i chose the ID from the dynamic selector to get the ID. This would return the URL to go to the work item HTML page. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @scheu 

Did you get a chance to implement the solution that I suggested? Were you able to resolve?

If this question/issue is resolved, please mark the appropriate replies as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

akshayrajsingh

Hello,

I have the same issue and couldnt quite understand the solution you proposed. Do you mind sharing some screenshots or expressions?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,928)