cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft
Microsoft

How to get the URL of a Azure DevOps work item created in Flows

Hi,

I use 'Azure DevOps' to create a work item in Flows.  

How can I get URL of the work item which gets created?

When I try the 'URL' dynamic content, I only get a url to the json data for the task created, not the URL of the HTML page of the task.

8 REPLIES 8
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @scheu 

I just made a test on my side and it works just fine: hsha.png

Can you please post a screenshot of what you are getting? Having a look at that will help better understand the error/ issue and assist you better in resolving it. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

I also use 'URL' of the 'Work item' i created in Azure DevOps.

And this is the output that I got

https://office.visualstudio.com/_apis/wit/workItems/3451399

When I load the above link in browser, i got JSON date, instead of the HTML page for the work item I created.

Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @scheu 

That is weird! I got the appropriate url that navigates me to the work item. Can you please post a screenshot of your flow so that we can see the configuration and better assist you?

Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hey @scheu 

I got the issue here. My apologies that I did not have a look at it earlier. So I browsed the URL and to my surprise it returened huge JSON of everything on that particular work item that i did not want. 

So what I did is, I went to the work item in the Azure DevOps and copied that URL 

https://dev.azure.com/user10962/user1/_workitems/edit/6/

In my case it was this and here user10962 is the account name and the user1 is the project name. I used this url and got rid of the id '6' in this case and intialised a variable of type string after the create item and  then put that entire string upto edit/ and after the slash i chose the ID from the dynamic selector to get the ID. This would return the URL to go to the work item HTML page. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi @scheu 

Did you get a chance to implement the solution that I suggested? Were you able to resolve?

If this question/issue is resolved, please mark the appropriate replies as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hello,

I have the same issue and couldnt quite understand the solution you proposed. Do you mind sharing some screenshots or expressions?

Hi there,

to answer the question, this is how I implemented the propsed solution. For me it works fine. Apologies for blocking out the rest of the link. Just use your own base-url from ADO and replace the ID at the end with the Dynamic Field "ID". Also sorry for German interface, but it should work the same.

image.pngLet me know if this solves your problem and consider marking it as solved.

ty!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (34,763)