cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kim_KK
Level: Powered On

How to get the approval email request timestamp?

Hi,

I am trying to create an approval workflow and save the relevant data into a sharepoint list.

One of the requirement is to capture the timestamp and update the status in the sharepoint list when an approval email request (has been sent to the approver). That way the support staff is able to tell when an email has been sent and an approval is pending in real time?

So far, I could only get the timestamp after the approval action has been completed by the approver. Could you please let me know how I could do this best?

Thanks

Regards,

Kim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Kim_KK

Re: How to get the approval email request timestamp?

I have added this request as a new idea for Microsoft Flow team here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Query-timestamp-when-the-approval-email-is-bein...

Please Vote if you think this is useful feature to have.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DevendraV
Level 8

@Kim_KK, did you try to use the parallel action?

Parallel action.PNG

Kim_KK

Hi @DevendraV,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tested it, it does not seem to work as I would like, as the parallel rules will update the timestamp even though an email might or might not have been send out successfully. Hence the data reflected does not reflect the actual time an email has been sent out.

Thanks

Regards,

Kim

DevendraV
Level 8

@Kim_KK, AFAIK the flow get stuck till approver take any action (Reject or Approve) before moving to next step so this mightn't be possible it seems. MS flow should have something like "Wait for Task completion" in a configuration of "Start an Approval" action then we can control the process instead of waiting for the approver to take an action in the flow. You may add this flow ideas section here https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Kim_KK,

It seems that you want to get the timestamp when an approval email request has been sent to the approver? I am afraid that it is not possible currently. As @DevendraV mentioned, before the approver click the Approve/Reject button, flow won’t move on to the next action. Please submit your idea on the Flow Ideas Forum so that it might be considered in the future releases.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Kim_KK

@v-yamao-msft

That's what I thought so.

Thanks

Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @Kim_KK!

If you have already posted your idea to the Flow Community Ideas Forum then you need to post the URL to your idea’s thread as a reply to this thread and then "Accept as Solution" on that reply so other users may vote for your Flow Idea and identify the information easily.

Thank You!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!
Highlighted
Kim_KK

I have added this request as a new idea for Microsoft Flow team here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Query-timestamp-when-the-approval-email-is-bein...

Please Vote if you think this is useful feature to have.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,265)