cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to go about this larger scale project? (Monthly Emails to different communities with a file)

Currently the idea is that my company will be sending out monthly emails to our communities. The emails contain reports/data that changes every month.

Some roadblocks:

- 100+ communities, make one big flow or a separate flow for each? (Big flow preferable, but possible? Loops for days?)

- How to grab the new monthly report file each month for each community (Stored on a shared onedrive) 

- Don't want to include manual tasks... (Essentially, once the reports go into the onedrive - the rest should work automatically)

Unsure on how the file in onedrive will be named yet, but every community has a ID/Name, so was thinking grab the file by getting the metadata and having the flow parse the file to grab the ID/Name and match it up. (The problem is that after the first month, there will be multiple files with the same ID/Name, so trying to add the month/year to the file name - so then we could also parse the month as well).

Also an extra component - Every community has a "leader". The leader can control say 10 communities. The leader should receive all monthly reports for the 10 communities, but the communities should only receive there own.

Idea: Best way to handle this would be to create a separate flow for leaders - and handle that on it's own? 

- Actually now that I'm typing this... I could likely just include the leaders in each email I send as a CC. Might be easy. 

Ideas/Questions? Any help would be awesome! Thanks. 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,036)